Fellow Trustee at Bridgewater Hall Education Trust ping me the following few days ago.
Looking at your website I am afraid I am still no wiser as to what you do in your line of business – it seems all High Tech and I should really understand it. Perhaps you could explain it for me sometime if you ever have anytime. Is it good for small online businesses ?
We live with technology day in day out, and expect every business to understand our value proposition easily. From above statement, it is very clear that we have not done our job well.
Below was my email response to her, slightly modified for you:
- Do you want more people to find you through Internet?
- Do you produce documents/pdfs?
If the answer to both questions are yes, then edocr.com is for you. We are committed to becoming the most effective distribution channel for business documents online. What does that means? By publishing to edocr.com, and following few tips, the published documents/pdfs can be used to generate new business relationships as well as extend existing business relationships, which could lead to greater revenues for your business.
- Do you know how many documents/pdfs you (you being your company) have produced which could be used to extend your brand on line, therefore more people will be interested in your products and services?
- Do you know how many of those documents mentioned above are available online?
- Could anyone find those documents/pdfs easily by navigating through your website?
- Do you know how many people downloaded those documents, and do you know who they are?
In essence, what edocr.com provides is:
- An easier way for anyone in your company to upload all documents/pdf that you are happy to share publicly, these could be brochures, white papers, case studies, articles, data sheets, annual reports (if public), operating manuals, press releases, etc.
- Once the documents are on edocr.com, e.g. http://www.edocr.com/doc/14250/basda-election-final, anyone who come across the particular document (including your colleagues) can start interacting in number of ways:
- email to a list of people
- click a button and communicate with the publisher of the document
- embed the document thumbnail on pages and e-newsletters
- share on over 300 social networks from facebook, linkedin and twitter
- download it
Everytime someone download the document, we can pass the identity of the person to you, with their consent. If a registered user (we have over 16,500 and growing daily) visit your page, we know exactly how s/he interacted with your document, e.g. forwarded, commented, downloaded, etc
In the meantime, Google starts loving us. If you google, “top manchester businesses”, we were on Google No. 1 (seem to have dropped to No. 3 today!)
Does this make sense? If so, why not open a FREE account, upload few documents and then upgrade when you are happy? Once the account is opened, make sure you read our Tips first. Also worth taking the Tour and read about Benefits.